Invalid Password

Asks questions about settings, bugs...

Moderators: willynt, DiskDrive, fifinou

Tr909Tom

Invalid Password

Postby Tr909Tom » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:49 am

Hi together

I've just installed DU 4.0.5. After the first start a window poped up which says that I don't have the valid password. But which password? I've nothing done except installing the software.
I've already tried to get it working by switching off the firewalls but with no success :(

Any suggestions?

THX! Tom

Re: Invalid Password

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:20 am

My system is Windows 2000 and I just try to install DirectUpdate on it. It fail to connect to service with any "invalid password" error. I have try to install it on Windows XP and I don't have any error. So is DirectUpdate not compatible with Windows 2000?

Best Regards,
Tom

Tr909Tom wrote:Hi together

I've just installed DU 4.0.5. After the first start a window poped up which says that I don't have the valid password. But which password? I've nothing done except installing the software.
I've already tried to get it working by switching off the firewalls but with no success :(

Any suggestions?

THX! Tom

willynt
Site Admin

Postby willynt » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:59 pm

Sure, DU is win2000 compatible!

The default password is empty/blank.
Maybe a password was already set by an old/previous version ?

To go back to the default empty password, please follow:
http://www.directupdate.net/faq.html#q4

Hope it helps
William

renda

Postby renda » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:52 am

Unfortunately, the same issue happens to me, and the problem cannot be solved even if I've reset the value of Password to empty or delete the Password entry itself.

I suspect that the issue is caused by localization. For instance, my native language is Simplified Chinese so I naturally selected to install the Simplified Chinese language file, then I got this problem. However, if I select to install only the default English pack, and make sure the value of LangID registry entry to be "0", I can successfully login to the DU daemon.

At first I thought probably this issue will no longer exist after I change the default empty password to something else, but the problem occurs again when I have done these and changed the language back to Simplified Chinese...

So, that's my suspicion and my evidence. Actually I don't think the localization is the real reason to cause the problem, what I am suggesting is to check the program codes involving charset or codepage handling. Thank you.

renda

willynt wrote:Sure, DU is win2000 compatible!

The default password is empty/blank.
Maybe a password was already set by an old/previous version ?

To go back to the default empty password, please follow:
http://www.directupdate.net/faq.html#q4

Hope it helps
William

Return to “Questions, bugs,...”