No connection to engine

Asks questions about settings, bugs...

Moderators: willynt, DiskDrive, fifinou

willynt
Site Admin

No connection to engine

Postby willynt » Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:13 am

I have just updated to version 4.0.3, build 78. Everything was working fine before but now I only get "No connection to engine..." If I click the "Connect" button, It says "Connection to the engine failed - Connection was actively refused by remote host (0x8184001f). It suggests that either the engine is not running or port 40019 is blocked, neither of which is true.

The service *is* running; I have verified that in service manager. The status is "Started" and it shows in task manager as DUEngine.exe. There is no firewall running on the machine (Windows firewall is OFF). The service and client are on the same machine. Traffic is not blocked on any port. I have not changed any of the default settings. I can of course ping 127.0.0.1. I'm on WinXP SP2.

Merci beaucoup pour votre assistance. :)

David
Austin Texas

willynt
Site Admin

Postby willynt » Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:15 am

Hello,

This bug is under investigation.
i hope it will be fixed in the next release.

For now, a workaround is to restart the engine.
You can use the NTServiceManager) or use the "restart" button in the "engine" page.

Note that this bug does NOT prevent the engine from updating your dns account(s).

Regards
William

davidw

workaround ok

Postby davidw » Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:56 pm

I'm the original poster of the question. Yes, restarting the engine is a workaround. Thanks for the reply. Contrary to another poster, I do NOT find the software buggy; I think it's very well done and feature rich. This is a minor problem. Thank you for your time and effort on this program. It shows.

mshand

Problem on win98SE

Postby mshand » Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:26 am

I have the same problem. Just upgraded to 4.0.4 and cannot connect to engine. I get the same error message as above, the taskbar icon thinks it is running, because it offers the stop engine option (start is greyed out), but I am running win 98SE, and so don't have the option of doing a restart from the engine page of the admin.

I tried to "stop engine" from the taskbar icon, but that didn't seem to work (ut still offered only the stop engine option).

Using the "direct update engine" option from the start menu gives me

DirectUpdate engine ver 4.0.4 (Build 86) launched
Using SockEx version 0.17.9(build 96) (24 Sep 2004) Open SSL 0.9.7e 25 Oct 2004)
System: Microsoft Windows 98SE
DirectUpdate engine already running on this machine.

Still can't get access from the Admin Module

engine is running on same machine as admin, there is no firewall. Haven't changed anything other than upgrading and letting it convert my v3 parameters to v4

Mike

willynt
Site Admin

Postby willynt » Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:08 am

Hi mike,

Could you send me your log file ? (DULog.txt)

Thx
William
PS: Before starting the engine manually, you can "kill" the running one, using the TaskManager...

mshand

Postby mshand » Sat May 14, 2005 9:18 am

William,
Sorry about the delay, I have been away. The strange thing is, it now seems to be working perfectly, and as far as I am aware I haven't changed anything. My problem seems to be solved itself, but there definitely a few days when it didn't work. Thanks

Mike

Postby Guest » Wed May 18, 2005 1:58 am

it still has same problem and sometimes remote access doesnt work because of it. and sometimes the ducontrol utility doesnt even start with windows

Return to “Questions, bugs,...”