[Solved] DU attempts to push to wrong host (ZoneEdit legacy)

Asks questions about settings, bugs...

Moderators: willynt, DiskDrive, fifinou

wdscottgmail

[Solved] DU attempts to push to wrong host (ZoneEdit legacy)

Postby wdscottgmail » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:42 pm

Seemed to have a DU configuration problem. Reconfigured a number of things looking for changes in symptoms. Intentionally changed DNS provider from ZoneEdit to the obsolete ZoneEdit legacy knowing this was incorrect, but looking for symptom changes. Then changed back to ZoneEdit (migrated - current version), which had been working fine. Now getting authentication errors that won't clear up. Yep - I got some symptom changes all right!

Did a packet trace on an authentication attempt. Used the button in lower right (not in front of me now) that allows you to clear a problem on a zone configuration page. If I recall it's called "Unlock". Saw the HTTP GET and analyzed it. In the HTTP headers the intended host is specified (apparently this allows multiple services for a single destination ZoneEdit IP). Unfortunately the host is the ZoneEdit legacy host! HTTP header is:

Host: legacyddns.zoneedit.com\r\n

No matter how I goofed around with DU I could not get it to send to the migrated host with ZoneEdit selected. It was working just yesterday! I even temporarily changed to other non ZoneEdit providers thinking this may clear it - nope!

Does anyone have any workaround suggestions for how you can use a simple drop down box, select an item, and then get that item in DU reliably? There must be some way. Should I just uninstall it and re-install it?

Bottom line is there is a bug in DU for which if you successfully use ZoneEdit, then select ZoneEdit Legacy, then go back to ZoneEdit, you may be stuck with pushing to Legacy forever.

thanks!
Bill

willynt
Site Admin

Re: DU attempts to push to wrong host (ZoneEdit legacy)

Postby willynt » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:48 pm

Hi Bill,

That looks like a known issue.
Please refer to:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1202&p=3380&hilit=plugin#p3380

Hope it helps
Regards
William

wdscottgmail

Postby wdscottgmail » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:16 pm

Sure does look like the same issue! I think you nailed it. I'll test it tonight.

thanks!!
Bill

gyanendra

Postby gyanendra » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:12 pm

The optimal speed can be achieved by the compression of traffic and by minimizing server loads. Web acceleration will enable you bring about a drastic improvement in the web page response time. This kind of acceleration usually come in lesser costs and offers the best web application performance.

Return to “Questions, bugs,...”