Router IP instead of my machine's

Asks questions about settings, bugs...

Moderators: willynt, DiskDrive, fifinou

khalilio

Router IP instead of my machine's

Postby khalilio » Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:27 pm

Hi, unlike most of the members at this forum, I am probably the one with the least knowledge when it comes to networking.
But my intentions are more or less the same like everyone else around here.

I am planning to have my files on my desktop readily available to me wherever I go, and maybe sometime in the near future to test some web development on my own sort of server :D

The problem is I have tried almost all combinations to solve this mystery behind finding me on the internet, but unfortunately no luck.

I have 3 computers connected to a DSL router, my router address is 10.0.0.2, everything on DirectUpdate seems fine, but when I try www.mysite.com, I get the default (Cannot find server or DNS Error).

when i run nslookup in the command prompt application, I get the following:

Code: Select all

C:\>nslookup www.mysite.com
*** Can't find server name for address 10.0.0.2: Non-existent domain
*** Default servers are not available
Server:  UnKnown
Address:  10.0.0.2

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    www.mysite.com
Address:  193.188.109.156

C:\>

I am sure the IP address (193.188.109.156) is my ISP proxy server, and the 10.0.0.2 is my router address, but why can't DirectUpdate route mysite.com to the specific machine IP, in my case 10.0.0.10?

I have sat port forwarding for port 80 to point to 10.0.0.10 in my router, but still going in circles.

Any new ideas to solve this MI are highly appreciated.

I am using AZTECH 305EW ADSL router and the evaluation copy of DU and eNom hosted domain.

Return to “Questions, bugs,...”