IP from Router

Asks questions about settings, bugs...

Moderators: willynt, DiskDrive, fifinou

netdoodle

IP from Router

Postby netdoodle » Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:06 am

Has anyone been successful in getting an ip address from a DLink Dl-604 router with version 4.0.4? I've tried without success and would like a reliable source for my IP.

I seem to get alot of errors and scolding about:

[ERR]- 25/Apr/2005 20:01:12 - IP detection "IP from remote servers" failed using URL "http://ipdetect.dnspark.com/". - Error 0x80070005:Access is denied. (from about 7 other servers as well)

[ERR]- 25/Apr/2005 20:02:45 - IP from remote servers - Error 0x81830039:IP Detection <IP from remote servers> requested too soon. No listed remote web sites available that have not been used in the last 10 minutes (minimum time required between checks at any given site).

What is causing this?

willynt
Site Admin

Postby willynt » Mon May 09, 2005 2:53 pm

Hi,

This feature has been implemented in 4.0.4 to preserve server bandwidht.
Now, to use the "dnsp?rk" ip detection script, you need to have an active account with dnsPark, (same for dyndns.org, and same for all Ip detection script provided by dyndns providers...)

Using local detection is by far the recomended method.
Try using your router status page, or try enabling the SNMP plug-in ! (if your router support SNMp agent)

Regards
William

Postby Guest » Fri May 20, 2005 12:09 pm

Getting the IP address from D-Link modems is quite tricky as they use many java scripts and frames. On my D-Link DSL-500 GenII I had to look at each of the frame sourses but in the end I found the right page:

http://<modem_IP>/doKeeping.html

Of course replace <modem_IP> with the IP address of your modem/router.

This "Should" be the same for the 604 but you may need to play arround a bit to find what is the right page.

I had to use this because my ISP implements serveral proxies and I can't get a reliable detection even from their own web pages! Grrr!

stevel

Postby stevel » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:24 am

Hi,
I have been trialing direct update and have been having similar problems updating the ip address from my dsl-g604t dlink router.
I keep getting an error "Invalid username or passwork, access denied" error. I have checked the authentication required box for the router ip address and checked the username and password for the router is correct. What am I doing wrong? I don't have a problem getting ip addresses from remote servers.

Cheers

DiskDrive

Re: IP from Router

Postby DiskDrive » Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:07 pm

stevel wrote:Hi,
I have been trialing direct update and have been having similar problems updating the ip address from my dsl-g604t dlink router.
I keep getting an error "Invalid username or passwork, access denied" error. I have checked the authentication required box for the router ip address and checked the username and password for the router is correct. What am I doing wrong? I don't have a problem getting ip addresses from remote servers.

The "authentication required" method does not usually work with D-Link products. This support is intended for setups where a Windows-rendered authentication box pops up, as is the case in many Linksys routers, for example.

I'd recommend detecting your IP via external sites using the HTTP and SMTP protocols.

Best of luck,
DiskDrive

willynt
Site Admin

Postby willynt » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:06 pm

Hi,

DLink products are not using standard html authentication :(
Did you try the SNMP plug-in ?
The new SMTP URls in the "remote web sites" ? (use ">>" -> "Reset...")

Hope it helps
Regards
William

Return to “Questions, bugs,...”