Your votings on dyndns.org

New protocol, updates, ...

Moderators: willynt, DiskDrive, fifinou

dyndns

Your votings on dyndns.org

Postby dyndns » Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:59 pm

Hey man, if you continue to manipulate your votings on dyndns.org we'll bomb you out.

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:46 pm

Yeah, cheating is just shit.

willynt
Site Admin

Postby willynt » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:01 am

Hi unnamed guys,

Just to make it clear, I never intent to cheat or manipulate the votes on dyndns.org.
What would be the point to jeopardize my business just to appear in a better place/position on a web page ? (on which DirectUpdate has always been in good position anyways).

People voting for DirectUpdate may use a dedicated plug-in, and they have to install it manually and on purpose.
So, people vote for DirectUpdate because they want to !

I'm waiting for the dyndns.org official decision about that matter.

Regards
William

bestempire

Postby bestempire » Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:30 am

DU is great software. Thanks

dyndns

Postby dyndns » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:36 am

What kind of bullshit ist this? Do you think we trust you if you place 180 votes on one day? You are a cheater!

willynt
Site Admin

Postby willynt » Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:08 pm

Ok, let me say it one more time:
I do NOT cheat with the votes!

Some DirectUpdate users installed and setup an automated plug-in.
They install it because they WANT to vote for DirectUpdate.

Although it has been approved by dyndns.org, it seems to generate too much votes.
I'll try to disable this plug-in in the next release.

Regards
William

dyndns

Postby dyndns » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:08 pm

To me it just looks like a special kind of cheating if someone generates votings automatically. What's the difference if you are the one who initiates the votings or you just implement the feature and let others activate and execute it?

Why don't you explain detailed how this feature is working?

willynt
Site Admin

Postby willynt » Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:49 am

But why do you think it is "cheat" ?
"Cheat" means people are doing things "secretly" (here voting) without letting other people knowing what they are doing.

Here, some DU users intentionnally installed the "auto vote" plug-in, because they think DU deserve the votes.
Furthermore, dyndns.org approved this method (and these votes are tagged coming from "DirectUpdate" user-agent).
So, where is the cheat ???

Anyway, as I said, I'll disable this feature in the next versions, as it apparently generates too much troubles.

Feedbacks from users are welcome...
Regards
William

dyndns

Postby dyndns » Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:07 pm

You don't even seem to realize what bs you are talking.

Cheating is also if one user votes more than once for the same product and especially if this is done automatically, because users of other clients do not have a chance to do so.

Telling us 'this method is approved by dyndns.org' is not even worth to be mentioned. In fact it reminds me to people who say 'I was instructed to do so and therefore it's not my fault'.

When will the new version released?

willynt
Site Admin

Postby willynt » Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:21 pm

New version has been released few minutes ago.

According to me there is no "fault" here !
After you pointed out this issue (or whoever it is), I contacted dyndns.org to ask them what they think about such methods. They said it's OK for them as long as the user knows exactly what he is doing.
I didn't mean "it's not me it's dyndns" !!!

Anyway, too much troubles already...
I never intented to make anybody angry about me or my product.
I'm always honest with my users/customers.
So, feature disabled !

Postby Guest » Fri May 13, 2005 8:30 pm

Is the user dyndns actually an emplyee of DynDNS??

If so, it's a nice professional manner you've got there. Really makes me want to run out and renew all my services with you :shock:

If you post here like that it makes me wonder about the way you'd treat a paying customer. In fact, it gives good reason why the support (or lack of) was so dire following subscribing to 12 months Backup MX service and it not working.

willynt
Site Admin

Postby willynt » Fri May 13, 2005 8:45 pm

I do not think the "dyndns" user is a dyndns employee...
I always have good relations with "official" dyndns employes, and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't act that way...

Return to “DNS services”